The Crane Valley Partnership
« Back to Latest News
Posted by Ilse Steyl Posted on 2016-05-11

Flood Risk Activity Permits

On 6 April 2016 the Environment Agency introduced changes to the charges for permitting flood risk activities to better reflect the costs in providing the service. The old Flood Defence Consent process has now been abolished and replaced by Flood Risk Activity Permits.

More information can be found here.

If you are planning work in any of the following areas, you may need an environmental permit for flood risk ativites:

  • in, under, over or near a main river (including where the river is in a culvert);
  • on or near a flood defence on a main river;
  • in the flood plain of a main river; and
  • on or near a sea defence.